Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Cupcake Polish Luau Collection Partial Review


Hello readers! Today's post is a little behind. I wanted to post this on Sunday when the new Luau collection from Cupcake Polish released, but my oldest started Kindergarten yesterday and we had a pretty busy weekend. So here it is! I have three of the six polishes to show you today, so let's get to it!

Hula Do You Love? is a red, orange leaning linear holographic polish with gold shimmer. Formula on this one was great and easy to apply. I used two coats with top coat for my pictures.

(Indoor Light Box)

(Indoor Light Box)

Sand By Me is an orange linear holographic polish with pink shimmer. Formula was great here as well. Smooth, easy application. I used two coats with top coat for my pictures which actually surprised me. I was expecting to have to do three coats with this orange, as most orange and yellows that I own need at least three coats. So it was a nice surprise to only need two.

(Indoor Light Box)

(Indoor Light Box)

Lei Me Down is a purple holographic polish with blue shimmer. I have purple holos, but I love the added blue shimmer here. It gives it something extra to have it stand out from the others in my collection. Formula was great here too. I used two coats with top coat for my pictures.

(Indoor Light Box)

(Indoor Light Box)

(Indoor Light Box)

My final thoughts for these polishes? I love me some holographic polishes, but there are only so many options for how many colors you can do. The fact that Sara added the shimmer to these though makes me happy because it gives something extra to colors that may or may not have been done before. So I love that. If you love any of these polishes, they are available in the Cupcake Polish shop here, and they are $13 each. Make sure you are following Cupcake Polish on Instagram, @cupcakepolish or Facebook here to keep up with all new releases, and to see swatches of the rest of the collection. I hope you enjoyed today's post. Thank you so much for reading! Until next time, happy polishing!

Instagram: @polishednshined

No comments:

Post a Comment