Thursday, March 26, 2015

Dashing Housewife Oh My Flake Collection

Hello readers!! Today I am super excited to share with you an amazingly bright, fun, and beautiful collection from Dashing Housewife Polish called the Oh My Flake Collection. This is a neon flakie collection and I am SUPER impressed with all of them! DreAnn knows how to make some neon pretties! I was even able to get a good watermarble with these pretties and used all 7 to marble my accent nail in all of my swatches. I do want to apologize in advance for my fingers looking a little rough and dry in the macros. This gestational diabetes and having to wipe my fingers with an alcohol swab four times a day has really dried them out more than normal. It's only really noticeable in the macros though, so I apologize. Enough about that though, let's not delay, and get right into the polish!
 
First up is "Oh My Gold", which is a red-coral neon base with rose gold flakies and gold shimmer. This is my favorite color from the collection. While it was my favorite color, the formula was a little different than the others because I ended up with some lumps that I couldn't figure out if it was pigment or flakies or what. I gave it a good shake though and managed to get rid of most of them. So you may need to give this one a good shake before using, or it may have just been my bottle lol. Its very pretty and the flakie and shimmer colors mixed in with this shade are absolutely perfect. I used two coats with top coat for my pictures.
 
(Indoor Light Box)

(Indoor Light Box Macro)
 
Next up is "Oh So Dashing", which is a neon pink base with purple flakies and a beautiful shifting shimmer. Pink, oh how I love thee! I have NEVER been disappointed by any of DreAnn's pink polishes. They are always so beautiful and fun. This one fits right in with my pink favorites from her. Formula on this was great, with absolutely no issues. I used two coats with top coat for my pictures.

(Indoor Light Box)

(Indoor Light Box Macro)
 
Next up is "Orange You Glad" which is a neon orange polish with blue flakies and a blue shimmer. So bright and gorgeous!! When it comes to neons I get a little excited sometimes, but this polish puts me over the top. Three years ago if you would have asked me if I would ever wear neon orange, I probably would have looked at you crazy, but I absolutely love neons now, orange especially and this one is great! Formula was easy to work with, no issues. I used two coats plus top coat for my pictures.

(Indoor Light Box)

(Indoor Light Box Macro)
 
Next up we have "Sun Shining", which is a neon yellow base with pink flakies and a red shimmer. I'm thinking that this just may be my new favorite yellow EVER! I am absolutely in love with it! Great formula, beautiful sparkle, what more could you ask for? I used two coats plus top coat for my pictures. 

(Indoor Light Box)

(Indoor Light Box Macro)
 
Next up is "No Luck Needed", which is a neon green base with blue flakies as well as blue shimmer. This polish was actually part of her St Patrick's day trio from last year, but it has been reformulated and was the inspiration for the rest of this collection. I have the original "No Luck Needed" too, but figured, if its been reformulated, its different, so I need the new one too. Total legit reasoning right? Formula on this one was great as well. I used two coats with top coat for my pictures.

(Indoor Light Box)

(Indoor Light Box Macro)
 
Next we have "Holy Ships Ahoy", which is a neon blue base packed with shifting flakies. I'm in love with this one, and it photographed so well for me! Formula was great on this as well. I used two coats with top coat for my pictures below.

(Indoor Light Box)

(Indoor Light Box Macro)
 
Lastly for the Oh My Flake Collection is "PLUMtastic", which is a neon purple base with blue and purple flakies. This one is SO pretty! I like purple polishes a lot, even though I don't find myself reaching for them as often as some other colors, but I know for sure that I will reach for this one more than some of my other purples. Its the perfect neon purple and the flakies make it even more beautiful. Formula was great on this one, with no issues to report. I used two coats with top coat for my pictures.

(Indoor Light Box)

(Indoor Light Box Macro)
 
Like I said before, I am so impressed with this beautiful neon collection. I mean, you've got to love a neon that doesn't need a white base to pop and that only needs two coats to be opaque. Who doesn't love that? Plus it is very possible to watermarble with these as you can see from my accent nail which is an added bonus. I've also seen that these stamp fairly well too, so if you like stamping, these work too. So many reasons to love this collection. Which ones are your favorites? Let me know in the comments below. If you are looking to purchase any of these, there are currently only three available to purchase until DreAnn can do a restock. Those three are "PLUMtastic", "Holy Ships Ahoy", and "Orange You Glad". You can get those three by visiting the Dashing Housewife Polish shop here. If you're looking for any of the other colors you should make sure you are following on Instagram @dashing_housewifepolish, or on Facebook to keep up to date with restocks and releases. I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did! As always, until next time, happy polishing!
 
Instagram: @polishednshined














No comments:

Post a Comment