Friday, July 25, 2014

KB Shimmer 6th Anniversary Trio Swatch And Review

Hello my lovely lacquernistas! I have a great post for you today featuring the awesome indie brand KB Shimmer, who is coming up on their 6th anniversary. To celebrate this joyus occasion they are releasing an anniversary trio of gorgeous polishes! I had the wonderful opportunity to meet and chat with the amazing Christy of KB Shimmer at the Sparkle & Wine event a couple weeks ago and it was such a great honor. She is very sweet and down to earth. I really enjoyed it. I brought home these beauties from that event and I am super excited to share them with you, so let's get to it.

First up is "Beach Please", which is a bright pink creme that is almost neon that also leans a little purple. This polish is fantastic! Until these polishes, I have never tried any of KB Shimmer's cremes, but I will for sure look at them more after this. The formula on "Beach Please" was perfection. Dry time was great as well. I only needed two coats to get this gorgeous polish opaque. Shown below is two coats with top coat.

photo courtesy of KB Shimmer


(Indoor Light Box)

Next up is another beautiful creme polish called "Shore Thing", which is described as "a bright aqua-mint creme with blue-green undertones." This is now my favorite aqua EVER! It is absolutely so gorgeous, and I love the way it looks on my nails. Yes I'm a mermaid, and yes this polish makes me feel even more like one. Formula and dry time on this were great as well. I only needed two coats with top coat for this as well.

photo courtesy of KB Shimmer


(Indoor Light Box)

Next up is "Hexy Bikini", which is a textured polish with holo glitters in silver, teal and pink. This polish is so blingy and I love it! Since this is a textured polish you can choose to wear it with or without top coat. The choice is totally up to you. I show pics both ways below. The texture on this isn't all that rough though, so if you're not a big fan of texture, I think you'd still be okay with this polish. The formula on this is perfect as well and the glitter coverage is great. I used two coats with and without top coat for my pictures below, and was able to get it opaque with just those two coats. I think I prefer this one with top coat because when you add that top coat, the sparkle on this polish is outta control! Look for yourself!

photo courtesy of KB Shimmer

(Indoor Light Box With Out Top Coat)

(Sun Light With Out Top Coat)

(Indoor Light Box With Out Top Coat Macro)

(Indoor Light Box With Top Coat)

(Indoor Light Box With Top Coat Macro)

One of the last things I want to have in this post for you guys is KB Shimmer's nail vinyls. They have such a big selection of designs to choose from that you will for sure find something that pleases you. Including tribal designs! I have not seen those from anyone else yet so I think that's pretty great. They are really simple to use and they make nail art super easy. Below I have pictures of myself using the scallop design.

Simply place the decals on your completely dry nails where you would like them.

Then paint over them with your choice of color and remove them immediately.

Then top coat, and viola! Instant simple and quick nail art!

So what do you think of the new Special Edition KB Shimmer 6th anniversary polishes? If you are looking to purchase any of these they will be releasing on August 1st at www.KBShimmer.com and also at www.HarlowandCo.org . The cremes will retail for $7.50 each and the texture polish will retail for $8.50. For a limited time these three will also be available for purchase as a trio for $21 only at www.KBShimmer.com . Make sure you are following them on instagram @kbshimmer  and also be sure to like their Facebook page to keep up with all things KB Shimmer and also to enter their summer giveaway! I Hope you enjoyed this post today! I know I did! Until next time, happy polishing.
Instagram: @polishednshined
Twitter: @polishednshined









2 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous! Shore Thing is perfection in a bottle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is! I'm going to be reaching for this one a lot, I just know it! :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting <3

      Delete