Thursday, January 23, 2014

Bliss Polish Valentine's Day Collection

Oooooh Valentine's Day.... While this will be my ninth Valentine's Day with my husband, it's never been anything special for us. We've either been apart in different states (now different countries) or he was working as a server EVERY Valentine's Day. Needless to say, something has always gotten in the way of our Valentine's Day and made it just another day for the both of us. However, even though my husband is deployed for this one, I still am excited for Valentine's Day this year because of all the fun indie polishes I'm seeing. Bliss Polish are the only ones I currently have in, and on, my pretty little hands and they are beautiful. So today I have three out of the six polishes from that collection to share with you. So let's get right into it shall we?

First up I have for you "Kismet", which is a lilac purple with purple micro flakies. Lilac is such a pretty color to start with, but those flakies really make this polish sparkle. Application and dry time were good. For my pictures I used three thin coats with top coat. My camera picked up this polish a little darker than it is in real life. The macro shot is more color accurate.


(In My Light box)

(Light Box Macro shot, more color accurate)

The second polish I was sent to swatch and review is called "Wine And Dine", which is a wine colored polish with scattered holo. I am not usually a red person, but Yvette has made some pretty amazing reds. One of my favorites from her is Bite, the reformulated version, from the Behind Closed Doors Collection, and this one is now right up there with it. It's just so pretty with that slight holo. I used two coats with top coat for my pictures and the formula and dry time were good.

(Light Box)

(Sun Shot Magic) 

Lastly is my favorite of the three. I'm a sucker for teals, greens, and blues so this one was right up my alley. This is "Xo" which is a teal jelly base with different sizes of aqua, teal, brown and gold glitters. This glitter mix was perfect together and I personally haven't seen it before so it was great! Formula and dry time were good and it makes me want a full size because it's just that great to me lol. I used three coats with top coat. 

(Light Box with Top coat)

(Light Box Macro with top coat)

I've become obsessed with using a matte top coat with jellies now so I had to matte "Xo" and of course, I loved it matte as well. :)

Well that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked this post. Leave me your comments below on which of these three were your favorite. You can also subscribe via email to my blog or follow via GFC if you'd like as well. Make sure to check out Bliss Polish on Instagram @blisspolish for news and updates, and if you like any of these and wish to purchase them for yourself you can do so in her shop here. All of these beauties sell for $8 full size and $4 mini. Thanks for reading!!









No comments:

Post a Comment