Friday, December 20, 2013

Dashing Housewife Polish New Years Collection

Hello my dears!! I have another awesome collection from Dashing Housewife Polish to share with you today. This time it is her New Years collection. New Years, which is fast approaching might I add... man, where did 2013 go?!?! Anyway, you do not want to miss out on this post! So lets get to the polish!!


Bottle shot of the entire collection

So first up in the collection we have "Holiday Collaboration" which is a beige colored base with orange, brown, and gold holo glitters, as well as some teal glitters. I used two generous coats of this polish with top coat. Formula and dry time on this one were good. The color itself didn't appeal too much to me... I think it just doesn't play well with my skin tone. 


(Light box lighting)

Next up in this collection is "Meet Me On The Dance Floor" which is a white crelly base with various shapes and sizes of pink, blue, and green neon glitters. While a white based polish with neon glitters has been done before I still REALLY love this polish. Lets face it... why wouldn't you? And who doesn't want to buy all the neon glitter polishes? Formula and dry time were good on this one as well. For my pictures I did two coats with top coat. I love the way this looks with a little VNL showing which is why I only did two coats. 


(Light box lighting)

Next on this list is a fun glitter topper called "Ball Drop" and its made up of a subtle silver shimmer and packed with gold and silver holo glitters in different shapes and sizes. Glitter toppers are fun because you can pair them with so many different base color options. I paired it with China Glaze "Tongue And Chic". I used one dabbed coat of "Ball Drop" with top coat over it. Formula and dry time were also good with this one, but I did have to do some fishing for those holo dots. I think mini bottles make this harder, but I never mind having to fish for gorgeous glitters. :-)


(Light box lighting)

Next up is "Ten Minutes To Midnight" (TMTM) which is a dark purple jelly base with silver and silver holo glitters throughout. This polish is absolutely gorgeous! It is easily my second favorite out of the entire collection. That being said, the formula was a little on the thicker side and the dry time was a little longer than average. The end result of this though makes me not even worry that it didn't play as nice. I used three coats of TMTM plus top coat for my pictures.


(Light box lighting)

Following with the purple and silver trend, next we have "Party Like It's 1999" which is another glitter topper. This polish is made up of different shapes and sizes of purple, black, and silver holo glitters, including holo dots :-) Out of the two glitter toppers in this collection, this one is my favorite. Something just gets me when it comes to purple, silver, and black together. I just love it. I used one coat over three coats of OPI "Don't Burst My Bubble" and added a top coat. Formula and dry time were both good on this one as well.


(Light box lighting)

Lastly, I have my favorite out of the entire collection. Let me just tell you I absolutely saved the best for last. This is "Kiss Me At Midnight" (KMAM) which is a tealish blue jelly base with green blue shifting shimmer. It also has black and silver holo glitters, including silver holo hearts. I died when I put this on my nails! The depth of this polish is amazing and I absolutely will be purchasing a full size bottle of this gorgeous baby! The silver hearts were really the only thing that gave me trouble with this polish, as fishing them out of a mini bottle was a challenge. The formula otherwise on this one is good though. Not quite as thick as TMTM and the dry time seemed to be a little better than TMTM too. I used three coats with top coat for my pictures.


(Light box lighting)

So there you have it my lovely readers!! A New Years collection worth talking about in my opinion. My two faves were definitely KMAM and TMTM *note* every time I type TMTM my brain automatically wants to type TMNT because I'm a total 80s baby and love me some Turtles lol. If you buy only two polishes from this collection it should be those if you like jellies :-) If you'd like to purchase from Dashing Housewife Polish, she does have this collection listed in her etsy shop now, and you can find that here. Make sure to also follow on Instagram @dashing_housewifepolish and Facebook for shop updates on restocks and new colors. As always, if you enjoyed this post please feel free to follow via GFC or email, and leave me some love in the comments below and let me know what your favorites from this collection are. Also, you can find me on Facebook, Instagram @polishednshined, and Twitter @polishednshined as well! Thanks for reading my dears!! <3












No comments:

Post a Comment